Paper Flowers: Elegant DIY Wedding Centerpiece by SJ Johnson
This DIY centerpiece would be great for a wedding or any event because it is inexpensive and easy to make. Paper flowers are a fun alternative to real or artificial flowers; plus, not having to worry about wilted flowers is an added bonus. To make this centerpiece, first make your paper flowers. They are simple and easy to make.
White tissue paper
Clear glass vase
Clear vase filler gems
Gift wrapping paper
Strands of faux pearls
Small picture frames
How to Make Paper Flowers
1. Take two sheets of tissue paper. Place one on top of the other.
2. Cut your tissue paper down the middle.
3. Place your 4 halves on top of each other.
4. Fold your paper like an accordion starting from the shortest side.
5. Secure your accordion in the middle with floral wire.
6. Bend the accordion in half to meet in the middle.
7. Fluff out your flower by separating the sheets.
For smaller flowers, use less paper. Try making different sizes to make your wedding centerpiece more realistic.
How to Create Your Wedding Centerpiece
1. After you have made at least 5 paper flowers, you can start to assemble your centerpiece. (You can always make more flowers depending on the size of your vase).
2. Stuff tissue paper into a clear vase, leaving room at the top for your paper flowers.
3. Once you know how much tissue paper fits, take out the tissue paper.
4. Wrap the tissue paper in your gift wrapping paper. Use double-sided tape between the folds to secure the gift wrapping paper.
5. Place your gift wrapped tissue paper back into the vase.
6. You can put your paper flowers into the vase individually as you would real flowers, or you can make a bouquet by gathering the paper flowers together and wrapping them with floral tape.
7. Drape your strand of faux pearls over the top of the vase, and secure it with tape.
8. Place your vase on a tray.
9. Sprinkle the clear vase gems on the tray.
10. Add more faux pearl strands around the base of your vase.
11. Small picture frames double as place card holders and wedding favors.
12. You could also give your guests a CD of songs played at your wedding as a wedding favor.
Your new centerpiece is versatile enough to be used for a wedding or an elegant party. You can also use these paper flowers as a bridal bouquet or a decorative accent piece for your home.