Paper Flower Wedding Bouquet By SJ Johnson
- White tissue paper
- White floral wire or twist ties
- White floral tape
How to Make Paper Flowers
- Take two sheets of tissue paper. You can use two different colors of tissue paper to make a multi-colored flower.
- Cut your sheets of tissue paper in half.
- Place your halves on top of each other.
- Fold your paper like an accordion (once over, once under, repeat).
- Secure your accordion in the middle with floral wire or a twist tie. This arrangement has white floral wire; however, feel free to experiment with different colors. You can purchase floral wire from most craft stores, such as Save-on-crafts.com.
- Make sure there is enough floral wire leftover at the end to act as a "stem."
- Bend the accordion in half so that both sides meet in the middle.
-Fluff out your paper flower by separating the sheets.
Tip: To make smaller flowers, cut your paper into smaller sections. Also, try making your
paper flowers different sizes. For a multi-colored bouquet, use different colored tissue paper for each flower.
Steps to Create Your Wedding Bouquet
- After you have at least five tissue paper flowers, you can start to assemble your bouquet. Add more or less flowers depending on the size bouquet you want.
- Gather your paper flowers in a bunch by twisting the "stems" together. Make sure they are tightly packed.
- Secure the bunch with floral tape.
- Wrap your ribbon around the "stems" and secure it with a knot. You can use ribbon, fabric, or a scarf to decorate your bouquet.
There are so many different variations you can try with this paper flower bouquet. Use spray paint to add color to the tips of your paper flowers. Add shimmer by using glitter or by gluing crystals to your flowers. Those are just a few variations you can make. I'm sure you can think of many more. The best thing is that after you are done, you can display your wedding bouquet all year long. This bouquet literally cost pennies to make and will last a lifetime with proper care.
All logos, images, and artwork © www.CupofJavaProductions.com 2014 - all rights reserved