Children's Crafts - DIY Mother's Day Eyelet Kids Card By SJ Johnson
Credit: SJ Johnson
Nothing embodies femininity like an eyelet dress, jacket, or blouse. This do-it-yourself Mother's Day card conveys the femininity of eyelet. Just as an eyelet jacket adds a special touch to an outfit, this Mother's Day card has two eyelet "jackets" that serve the same purpose. This quick and easy DIY craft is fun for children of all ages.
2 sheets of white plain paper 1 sheet of white stock paper Scissors Hole puncher Glue A ribbon or bow
How to Create Your Eyelet Jackets
1. Take one sheet of your plain white paper.
2. Fold it in half.
3. Hold the paper upright.
4. Cut off two inches from the bottom, so that the paper measures 6 inches by 10 inches.
5. Turn your paper so that the opening is at the bottom.
6. Fold your paper into thirds. The 6" width is now 2 inches.
7. Cut a scalloped edge by removing the corners on the open end only. If you want, you can pre-draw your scalloped edge.
8. Take a hole puncher and punch as many holes as possible into the paper.
9. Unfold your paper.
10. Repeat steps 1-9 with your second piece of plain white paper.
How to Assemble Your Mother's Day Card
1. Take your stock paper and fold it in half.
2. Cut the stock paper down to 6 X 8.5 inches, making the length shorter than your eyelet jacket.
3. Insert your stock paper into your eyelet jacket.
4. Glue the back of the stock paper to the back of your eyelet jacket. Only glue the back to make sure the front does not get messy. The scalloped edge of the eyelet jacket should hang down longer than the stock paper.
5. Take your second eyelet jacket and place it so that it is longer in the back and shorter in the front. This will give you a tiered effect in the front.
6. Glue only the back of the 2ndeyelet jacket to the back of the first eyelet jacket.
7. Form your ribbon into a bow. You can choose the orientation of your card and place your bow accordingly.
You can use this eyelet card for Mother's Day or for any occasion. This delicate card looks like you spent a lot of time making it. Only you know how simple and easy it really is...Happy Mother's Day!