10 DIY Gift Ideas for High School Teenage Girls for $20 or Less By SJ Johnson
I'm always searching for great gifts for less than $20. With so many occasions and events, it is difficult to come up with new ideas at an affordable price. However, I've found 10 inexpensive gift ideas that always work well for teenage girls and young adult women:
1. Upcycle: Turn something old into something new by adding adhesive rhinestones, stencils, or paint. Sure, you could easily buy a Blinged out candle votive, but why not try this easy DIY project from Viva-Decor.us. 2. Beauty Bag: Pack a cosmetic case or a clutch with beauty samples from the department store makeup counter. Whenever you go to the department store, ask for samples from the cosmetics counter. Most stores offer samples with fragrance or skin care purchases, so be sure to save them for the holidays. If you don't have any samples, fill the clutch with drugstore cosmetics, such as mascara, lip gloss, and nail polish.
3. DIY Cell Phone Case: Create a personalized cell phone case. There are so many options to choose from, such as simple crochetcases or bling cases. Read my article, "DIY Bling Craft: Personalize and Customize Your Cell Phone Case in 5 Easy Steps" for detailed instructions on how to create a bling cell phone case.
4. Vintage Fashion: Find a vintage silk scarf on eBay or at a thrift store. Make sure to have it professionally dry cleaned before giving it as a gift.
5. Natural Beauty Products: Make homemade beauty products using natural ingredients such as honey, olive oil, and oatmeal. These ingredients make great facemasks, body scrubs, and hair treatments. For a list of homemade beauty product recipes, read TLC Style's article, "Homemade Skin Care Aids."
6. Creativity Kits: Unleash her creativity by giving her a jewelry making kit, an art set, or scrap booking supplies. Since the typical teen girl has a smart phone, you could easily buy her apps such as ArtRage, Phoster, and Sketch Me!
7. Perfume: Many designer fragrances also come in body lotions, soaps, or oils, which are more affordable than the perfume. If you cannot afford to splurge on a designer fragrance, try mixing your own scent with essential oils. Place your homemade brew in a vintage perfume bottle, which is easy to find on eBay.
8. Collectibles: Help her build a collection. For example, give her several books by her favorite author, or pick a theme, such as horses, and buy her a horse figurine, a book and calendar about horses.
9. Simple Luxury: Give her the gift of cashmere. Instead of an expensive sweater, give her cashmere gloves instead.
10. DIY Craft: A typical iPad case costs more than $20. Here is a tutorial that demonstrates how to create a DIY iPad case.
These gifts have always been hits with the recipients. Most of the recipients have several events and occasions throughout the year, so I'm always looking for new ideas. Please read my other DIY gift ideas for more suggestions. Happy Gifting!