This DIY paper flower and pearl wedding centerpiece would be great for a summer wedding. However, you could easily use it throughout the year. In fact, this centerpiece could be used for many occasions - anniversary dinners, engagement parties, or proms. Best of all, it is simple and easy to make.
White tissue paper
Clear vase filler gems
Strands of faux pearls
Decorative silver gift-wrapping paper
How to Make Paper Flowers
1. Take two sheets of tissue paper. Place one on top of the other.
2. Cut your sheets of tissue paper down the middle.
3. Place your 4 halves on top of each other.
4. Fold your paper like an accordion (once over, once under, repeat) starting from the shortest side.
5. Secure your accordion in the middle with floral wire. White floral wire works best with this arrangement, or silver wire. You could experiment with different colors.
6. Bend the accordion in half to meet in the middle.
7. Fluff out your flower by separating the sheets.
Try making your paper flowers different sizes. This will make your wedding centerpiece more realistic looking. Steps to Create Your Flowers and Pearls Centerpiece
1. Make at least 5 paper flowers.
2. Gather your paper flowers together in a bunch. Make sure it can lay flat on your tray.
3. Secure the bunch with floral tape.
4. Line your tray with silver gift-wrapping paper. Use double-sided tape to secure the paper to the tray.
5. Place your floral arrangement in the center of the tray.
6. Sprinkle vase gems around your paper floral arrangement.
7. Drape your strands of faux pearls over the top of your paper flower arrangement.
Instead of using small individual paper flowers, you could use one big paper flower. You could also use different colored tissue paper. This centerpiece could also be used on top of your wedding cake. The possibilities are endless. Happy Crafting!